Coconut Bowls Combos
theotherstraw coconut bowls are 100% natural made from coconut shells, handmade, biodegradable, durable, sustainable and - best of all - reusable.
theotherstraw coconut bowls are uniquely handcrafted from reclaimed coconuts. Billions of coconuts are harvested every year, and most of their shells are either burned as waste or sent to landfill, causing a major threat to the environment.
But, not our coconut shells. They have been reclaimed and handcrafted into these trendy, eco coco bowls. A gift from nature. These eco coco bowls are perfect for smoothie bowls, buddha bowls, platters and everything in between.
Included coco bowl combo (set of 2):
2 x natural coconut bowls
2 x reusable bamboo spoons
Included coco bowl combo (set of 4):
4 x natural coconut bowls
4 x reusable bamboo spoons
- Coconut bowls are made from 100 % natural, reclaimed coconut shells
- Bamboo spoons are made from 100% natural, sustainable bamboo
Rinse the coconut bowl and bamboo spoon straight after use with warm soapy water.
After washing, ensure the coconut bowl and spoon are completely dry before using again. Do not soak or keep wet.
Avoid extreme temperatures including dishwasher, refrigerator, freezer and microwave and extremely hot foods.
Our bowls and bamboo spoons will last years with good care and love. To sustain the life of the coconut bowl and bamboo spoons, rub coconut oil on the bowl and bamboo spoons every 5-10 uses.
Why our coconut bowls are unique
Ethically and environmentally responsible
Our coconut bowls are ethically handcrafted in Northern Vietnam. We care a lot about the environment and this is at the heart of our business. From harvesting bamboo to packing and sending our products, we keep our carbon footprint at a minimum throughout various processes. For all of our packaging, we use 100% recycled wrapping paper or other 100% post-consumer recycled products and our orders are sent fully carbon neutral.
We support initiatives that make our planet a better place
50% of our profits go towards supporting projects that protect the world's oceans and marine life. Every year, 8 million metric tons of plastic ends up in our oceans and killing marine life. We are committed to plastic-free oceans and that is why we are donating part of our profits to initiatives that support this vision.
Here at theotherstraw, we have a strict plastic-free policy- everything sent out is 100% plastic-free. We ask that you kindly reuse or repurpose our packaging. All our shipping materials are recyclable and/or compostable.
Where are the coconut bowls and bamboo spoons sourced?
- The coconut shells used for our coconut bowls and bamboo for our bamboo spoons are from Northern Vietnam. After the coconut shells are collected, then transferred to nearby local communities where the production of the coconut bowls takes place.
Are coconut bowls and bamboo spoons safe?
- Of course! Our coconut bowls and bamboo spoons are perfectly safe to use. We do not use any harmful chemicals, whatsoever. Coconut shell bowls are a great alternative to plastic bowls.
Are coconut bowls and bamboo spoons dishwasher safe?
- Please avoid washing our coconut bowls and bamboo spoons in your dishwasher. We suggest handwashing them as they are a natural product.
How are the coconut bowls and bamboo spoons packaged for delivery?
- We're so happy you asked - our coconut bowls and bamboo spoons will arrive in recycled and/or post-consumer packaging. We ask that you kindly compost or recycle the packaging
Is each coconut bowl and bamboo spoon the same?
- Our coconut shell bowls and bamboo spoons are all uniquely different, just like you and I. Each coconut bowl and bamboo spoon is unique its size, shape and patterns, which is what makes them so special.
Are the coconut bowls and bamboo spoons biodegradable or compostable?
- With enough love and care, our coconut shell bowls and bamboo spoons should last a lifetime. However, if you need to dispose of your coconut bowl or bamboo spoon, please put back into nature or in your compost.
Who is behind theotherstraw?
- We are an Australian owned and based social enterprise replacing single-use plastics with reusable, ethically-sourced alternatives. Our goal is to replace plastic bowls and spoons with coconut bowls and bamboo spoons in Australia and around the world.