Our bamboo toothbrush is the sustainable alternative for brushing your teeth. Our eco toothbrush brush is long-lasting, made from 100% bamboo, anti-bacterial, BPA free and vegan friendly.
Better for the environment, better for your wallet.
Our one of a kind bamboo toothbrush comes with a detachable bamboo brush head. This helps reduce your waste, lower your carbon footprint, and save you money - a triple win.
Don’t worry about tossing your toothbrush away, only replace the head when necessary. Keep the bamboo handle as long as you like.
When it is time to replace the bristles, just swap the head with a new detachable bamboo head. We recommend that you change your brush head every 3 months.
Our bamboo toothbrush has medium bristles. It is gentle on the gums to help improve your oral health and keep your teeth feeling clean.
The brush head comes with high quality recyclable nylon bristles.
Yes, nylon - we know. But, nylon is the best resource to use in our bristles. We compared them to alternative bristles and found that they either did not meet oral hygiene standards or are not animal friendly.
If you want to know more about why we chose nylon bristles for our bamboo toothbrush, check out our FAQ section below.
Be part of the solution and swap your plastic toothbrush for our eco bamboo toothbrush today.
We support initiatives that make our planet a better place
50% of our profits go towards supporting projects that protect the world's oceans and marine life. Every year, 8 million metric tons of plastic ends up in our oceans and killing marine life.
We are committed to plastic-free oceans and that is why we are donating part of our profits to initiatives that support this vision.
bamboo toothbrush features
- Use your bamboo tootbrush like you would use any other toothbrush.
- After use try and store the tootbrush in a dry spot. Do not soak or keep wet.
- Depending on the temperature and humidity of your bathroom, we recommend drying your bamboo handle and nylon bristles with a towel after each use.
- Bamboo is naturally antibacterial. However, every now and then we suggest leaving your bamboo toothbrush is a white vinegar/water solution. This will help clean your brush, and help eliminate bacteria.
- To further extend your appreciation to Mother Earth, try cleaning your teeth with a natural toothpaste, or even make your own!
- Our bamboo toothbrushes will last over a year with good care and love. However, dentist worldwide reconmend replacing your toothrbusgh every 3 months.
- after care
- At least every 3 months, we recommend replacing the brush head with a new detachable brush head. Otherwise, replacing the bamboo toothbrush entirely.
- When replacing the brush head, remove your current toothbrush detachable head and replace it with a new detachable head.
- The bristles are nylon 610 bristles. Nylon is recyclable, and after you swap your brush head, we encourage you to recycle your bristles.
- The bamboo handle is compostable and biodegradable. If you decide to replace the bamboo handle, please dispose of your old bamboo handle in your home compost bin to break down organically.
Our eco friendly toothbrushes are made from bamboo as it is sustainable, safe to use and lightweight. Bamboo is one of the most sustainable growing plants in the world. In the right conditions, it can grow up to 1 metre in just one day! It also releases up to 35% more oxygen than trees, helping fight climate change.
How long do bamboo toothbrushes last?
Every 3 months, we recommend replacing the brush head with a new detachable brush head. Or, replace the bamboo toothbrush entirely. When you remove the detachable head, we recommend recycling bristles wherever you can recycle nylon. If you are unsure, check with your local council or municipality.
Are your bamboo toothbrush bristles biodegradable?
After much research and testing, we decided that Nylon 610 bristles were the best for durability and cleaning of your teeth. Nylon is recyclable and we encourage you to recycle them after you replace your brush head. We would love to use plant-based bristles, however, on the market there is not a biodegradable fibre that is available to meet current oral hygiene standards (besides pig hair bristles which we refuse to use due to the ethical implications, and these are not vegan friendly). We continue to research and test other alternatives. We hope that in the near future we will be able to release plant-based, compostable and biodegradable bristles to use with our bamboo toothbrushes and we also hope to offer more options and have soft bristles, medium bristles and hard bristles available - because no two brushers are the same.
Are bamboo toothbrushes eco friendly?
Bamboo toothbrushes are eco friendly as they are biodegradable. Meaning they will break down and decompose in the environment. The bamboo handle can be composted. Bamboo is one of the world's fastest growing and sustainable plants, which is why it is considered to be a very eco friendly resource.
How long do bamboo toothbrushes take to decompose?
Bamboo toothbrushes can be home broken down within 6 months, depending on your compost system set up. They are an environmental toothbrush because they have little or no impact on the environment.
Where is your bamboo sourced from?
The bamboo used for our eco friendly toothbrushes is sustainable sourced and harvested in China. Our bamboo used for our bamboo toothbrushes is FSC certified. After the bamboo is harvested, it is transferred to local communities where we start the production of the bamboo brushes.
Are bamboo toothbrushes safe?
Bamboo toothbrushes are perfectly safe to use. We do not use any harmful chemicals, whatsoever. Bamboo toothbrushes are a great alternative to plastic toothbrushes. The bamboo is grown organically, without the use of any pesticides or chemicals.
How are the bamboo toothbrushes packaged for delivery?
We're so happy you asked - our bamboo toothbrushes will arrive free from plastic and wrapped in recycled and/or post-consumer packaging. We ask that you kindly compost or recycle the packaging
Who is behind theotherstraw?
We are an Australian owned and based social enterprise replacing single-use plastics with reusable, ethically-sourced alternatives. Our mission is to make the world a more sustainable place by offering ethical, sustainable alternatives to plastic.
Are bamboo toothbrushes better for the environment?
Plastic toothbrushes take over 400 years to decompose. They pose a massive threat to our environments, wildlife and oceans. Alone in the U.S, it is estimated that one billion plastic toothbrushes are thrown away every year. Bamboo toothbrushes are known and recognized as the environmental toothbrushes. They are better for the environment as they are made from plants and are compostable.
Are bamboo toothbrushes bad for pandas?
There are thousands of bamboo species and pandas do not eat the bamboo variety used for our toothbrushes. So, don’t worry, we are not taking the panda’s food.
How often should you replace your bamboo toothbrush?
You should replace your bamboo toothbrush every 3 months, at least. Different dental associations and dentists all around the world recommend changing over your toohbrush every 3 monthsIf you have any other questions, please look at the customer reviews below or send us an email to email@example.com
Plastic Free Shipping:
Here at theotherstraw, we have a strict plastic-free policy- everything sent out is 100% plastic free. We ask that you kindly reuse or repurpose our packaging. All our shipping materials are recyclable and/or compostable.
- Free shipping on all AUS orders over $30 (excluding wholesale orders). For orders under $30, shipping is calculated at checkout.
- Free shipping on all international orders over $150 (excluding wholesale orders). For orders under $150, shipping is calculated at checkout.
medium bristles for a squeaky clean
FSC certified bamboo
helps eliminate waste
portable and perfect for travel
You asked. We reimagined. Bamboo toothbrush with a detachable brush head to reduce your waste and carbon footprint, and save you money too. What's not to love.