from $30.00 AUD
Bamboo Cutlery Set
Say goodbye to single-use plastic cutlery and hello to our reusable bamboo cutlery set. All natural, no nasties, stylish and lightweight - perfect to take on the go.
theotherstraw bamboo cutlery set is 100% natural, handmade, biodegradable, durable, sustainable and - best of all - reusable.
We get it, stainless steel cutlery is heavy and can really hold your bag down. Our reusable bamboo cutlery set is lightweight and comes with a cutlery bag making it easy to grab and take with you on the go.
1 x bamboo fork
1 x bamboo knife
1 x bamboo spoon
Cutlery bag (to take with you on the go)
- Made from 100% natural bamboo
- Finished with food-grade organic coconut oil
- Cotton cutlery bag
- Rinse straight after use with warm soapy water and dry.
- After washing, ensure the bamboo cutlery is completely dry before using again. Do not soak or keep wet.
- The cutlery will last with good care and love.
- Please seal the cutlery with coconut oil every couple of uses.
- At the end of their lifespan, simply put the cutlery in your compost or (green waste) bin.
Why our bamboo cutlery set is unique
Ethically and environmentally responsible
Our reusable bamboo cutlery is ethically handcrafted in Northern Vietnam. We care a lot about the environment and this is at the heart of our business. From harvesting bamboo to packing and sending our products, we keep our carbon footprint at a minimum throughout various processes. For all of our packaging, we use 100% recycled wrapping paper or other 100% post-consumer recycled products and our orders are sent fully carbon neutral.
We support initiatives that make our planet a better place
50% of our profits go towards supporting projects that protect the world's oceans and marine life. Every year, 8 million metric tons of plastic ends up in our oceans and killing marine life. We are committed to plastic-free oceans and that is why we are donating part of our profits to initiatives that support this vision.
Here at theotherstraw, we have a strict plastic-free policy- everything sent out is 100% plastic-free. We ask that you kindly reuse or repurpose our packaging. All our shipping materials are recyclable and/or compostable.
- Our cutlery is made from bamboo as it is sustainable, safe to use and lightweight. Bamboo is one of the most sustainable growing plants in the world. In the right conditions, it can grow up to 1 metre in just one day! It also releases up to 35% more oxygen than trees, helping fight climate change.
Where is your bamboo sourced from?
- The bamboo used for our reusable bamboo cutlery is harvested in Northern Vietnam. After harvest, the bamboo is then transferred to nearby local communities where the production of the cutlery takes place.
Is bamboo cutlery safe?
- Of course! Our reusable bamboo cutlery is perfectly safe to use. We do not use any harmful chemicals, whatsoever. Bamboo utensils and bamboo flatware are a great alternative to plastic and steel utensils and flatware.
Is the bamboo cutlery set sealed?
- Yes, our bamboo knives, bamboo spoons and bamboo forks have been lightly sealed with food-grade organic coconut oil. We highly recommend that you reapply either coconut oil or olive oil every 2-3 uses.
Is the bamboo cutley set dishwasher safe?
- Please avoid washing our reusable bamboo cutlery is your dishwasher. We suggest handwashing the cutlery as they are a natural product.
How is the bamboo cutlery set packaged for delivery?
- We're so happy you asked - our bamboo cutlery set will arrive to you free from plastic and wrapped in recycled and/or post-consumer packaging. Our reusable bamboo cutlery set comes in a cutlery bag. We ask that you kindly compost or recycle the packaging
Who is behind theotherstraw?
- We are an Australian owned and based social enterprise replacing single-use plastics with reusable, ethically-sourced alternatives. Our goal is to eliminate plastic cutlery with bamboo cutlery in Australia and around the world.