from $30.00 AUD
theotherstraw coconut bowls are 100% natural made from coconut shells, handmade, biodegradable, durable, sustainable and - best of all - reusable.
theotherstraw coconut bowls are uniquely handcrafted from reclaimed coconuts. Billions of coconuts are harvested every year, and most of their shells are either burned as waste or sent to landfill, causing a major threat to the environment.
But, not our coconut shells. They have been reclaimed and handcrafted into these trendy, eco coco bowls. A gift from nature. These eco coco bowls are perfect for smoothie bowls, buddha bowls, platters and everything in between.
1 x coconut bowl
- Made from 100 % natural, reclaimed coconut shells
Rinse the coconut bowl straight after use with warm soapy water.
After washing, ensure the coconut bowl is completely dry before using again. Do not soak or keep wet.
Avoid extreme temperatures including dishwasher, refrigerator, freezer and microwave and extremely hot foods.
Our bowls will last years with good care and love. To sustain the life of the coconut bowl, rub coconut oil on the bowl every 5-10 uses.
Why our coconut bowls are unique
Ethically and environmentally responsible
Our coconut bowls are ethically handcrafted in Northern Vietnam. We care a lot about the environment and this is at the heart of our business. From harvesting bamboo to packing and sending our products, we keep our carbon footprint at a minimum throughout various processes. For all of our packaging, we use 100% recycled wrapping paper or other 100% post-consumer recycled products and our orders are sent fully carbon neutral.
We support initiatives that make our planet a better place
50% of our profits go towards supporting projects that protect the world's oceans and marine life. Every year, 8 million metric tons of plastic ends up in our oceans and killing marine life. We are committed to plastic-free oceans and that is why we are donating part of our profits to initiatives that support this vision.
Here at theotherstraw, we have a strict plastic-free policy- everything sent out is 100% plastic-free. We ask that you kindly reuse or repurpose our packaging. All our shipping materials are recyclable and/or compostable.
Where are the coconut bowls sourced?
- The coconut shells used for our coconut bowls are from Northern Vietnam. After the coconut shells are collected, then transferred to nearby local communities where the production of the coconut bowls takes place.
Are coconut bowls safe?
- Of course! Our coconut bowls are perfectly safe to use. We do not use any harmful chemicals, whatsoever. Coconut shell bowls are a great alternative to plastic bowls.
Are coconut bowls dishwasher safe?
- Please avoid washing our coconut bowls in your dishwasher. We suggest handwashing them as they are a natural product.
How are the coconut bowls packaged for delivery?
- We're so happy you asked - our coconut bowls will arrive in recycled and/or post-consumer packaging. We ask that you kindly compost or recycle the packaging
Is each coconut bowl the same?
- Our coconut shell bowls are all uniquely different, just like you and I. Each coconut bowl is unique its size, shape and patterns, which is what makes them so special.
Are the coconut bowls biodegradable or compostable?
- With enough love and care, our coconut shell bowls should last a lifetime. However, if you need to dispose of your coconut bowl, please put back into nature or in your compost.
Who is behind theotherstraw?
- We are an Australian owned and based social enterprise replacing single-use plastics with reusable, ethically-sourced alternatives. Our goal is to replace plastic bowls with coconut bowls in Australia and around the world.